A content management system or CMS is a tool that helps you create a website and manage content.
A CMS also helps non-techies to create a website with a professional look and feel without indulging in writing code.
What is the Best Content Management System(CMS) Platform for Your Website?
Out of the lot WordPress.org proves to be one of the best CMS platforms and tools that help you build a website. You will find more than 35% of websites on the internet built on a WordPress platform.
WordPress has all the features that make it an excellent platform. You can get started easily with just a single click to install WordPress.
This platform offers plenty of plug-ins that help you integrate any function you want on your website. So, WordPress offers countless options to build a professional website.
If you run an e-commerce store, WordPress helps you set up an e-commerce store as well. Apart from being an online store WordPress also helps you set up
- Auction site
- Online forum
- Membership site
- LMS (learning management system) and much more
WordPress allows you to add more space as your website expands. You can just upgrade hosting to managed WordPress hosting firm.
What is the most popular Content management system(CMS) platform in the world?
When you know that the CMS platform you are using is used by thousands of companies online, that means you are using the right CMS software for your business.
Undoubtedly, WordPress is the best CMS platform that businesses and individuals use across the world. It is free to download and use the software. The statistics as stated below speak for its popularity.
- Live websites – 24+ million
- Websites (live) across the world using WordPress – 27,000,00+
- Websites (live) using WordPress only in USA – 10,190,000+
- %age of live websites built on WordPress platform that falls in the top: 37.59%
Interestingly, WordPress is leading the market with a market share of 50%.
Wix is among the best website builders available in the market today. The software is ideal for beginners. It is a completely hosted platform and takes care of all technical aspects. Let us look at the statistics that speak for Wix.
- Live websites (across the globe) – 3,800,000+
- Market Share – 6.98%
- %age of websites that appear in top 1,000,000 – 0.89%
Squarespace is an easy-to-use drag and drop platform for efficient website building and needs no installation on the hosting server.
- Live websites across the world – 2,200,000+
- Live websites in the USA- 1,700,000+
- Market Share – 4.17%
- %age of websites that appear in top 1,000,000- 1.44%
It is one of the feasible platforms available for building websites. Just like WordPress, it is also an open-source and free to use platform that holds the following statistics
- Market Share – 2.19%
- Live websites in USA – 400,000+
- Live websites across the world – 1,500,000+
- %age of websites that appear in the top 1,000,000 – 1.69%
Shopify is a SaaS platform that is a software as a service. It is one of the best platforms for e-commerce stores.
- Market Share – 2.8%
- Live websites in USA – 1,000,000+
- Live websites across the world – 1,400,000+
- %age of websites that appear in the top 1,000,000 – 3.74%
Best Top 6 Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Some of the best CMS platforms for e-commerce store owners that can help them run a seamless e-store are:
It is a feature-rich e-commerce platform that millions of businesses use across the world.
Shopify is believed to be the perfect e-commerce platform for small merchants to establish their stores and manage the store through a single dashboard
Features that could help run your e-commerce store swiftly
- Facilitate mobile commerce shopping cart
- Complete access to CSS and HTML of your store website
- Manage multiple orders with a single click
- Enable Import/export products through CSV files
- 24X7 customer support
- Equip users with apps that aid marketing, inventory, management, shipping, accounting, etc
Magento is amongst the best open-source platform suitable for your e-commerce business. The platform is ideal for all types of businesses irrespective of their sizes
- Flexible drag and drop features for e-commerce sites
- Create, Preview & schedule your content easily
- Make use of responsive ready-made themes
- Unite with B2B functionality
- Offers multi-channel marketing
- Smart inventory & order management
WooCommerce offers useful plug-ins that help integrate different features to your standard WooCommerce website just with one click.
- Set up your store easily
- Secure payments
- Supports multiple payment gateways
- User-friendly interface to manage orders
- Supports mobile app for Android & iOS
- Flexible product categories
- Easy to manage product categories
- Unlimited customization
BigCommerce offers plenty of features along with easy options for customization
- Drag-drop features
- Mobile-friendly website
- Faster site loading
- Facilitate B2B functionality
- Supports multiple currencies
Opencart is one of the popular open-source platforms perfect for e-commerce business
- It is free
- Flexible shopping cart features
- Supports different payment gateways and processors
- Easy to install and configure
Prestashop is one of the user-friendly e-commerce platforms that help your business grow
- Easy to configure and install
- User-friendly design for users who are not tech-savvy
- Easily customizable features
- Supports reliable and secure payment gateways
When there are plenty of powerful e-commerce platforms available, store owners need to do some homework to know about the features, performance of each CMS platform. The information stated above would indeed help you decide the right CMS platform for your business. You can easily determine the best features that would help your business run smoothly.
It entirely depends on your business structure as to what platform would be feasible to make your business a success. So, make sure you study and understand which CMS can give the right start to your business and support as it grows in the future to attain your business goals.