– In this post, we see how to override WooCommerce template files in our theme.
– WooCommerce provides that will allow you to override core templates within your child theme. This means that you can copy a template file in your current theme and customize it as per your need. you can customize the template without changing the core version of the template.
– We do suggest you do not do this, if possible most changes can be done via hooks (filters and actions) instead of this, and this method is far more upgrade-safe than changing a template. However, sometimes a hook you need doesn’t exist, and overriding a template would be the only option to use.
– To override WooCommerce template files in your theme simply create a folder named ‘woocommerce’ within your theme directory, and then create the folders/template file you wish to override within it.
– keeping the same file structure but removing the /templates/ subdirectory.
– As an example, now we override the thankyou page template for custom design. First we find the template file in the plugin directory (see the full list of templates). And follow the below path.
– If you override the template in your theme then you will check woocommerce template status every woocommerce new version release or any issue with the theme. but make sure you have taken backup of old template files.
– If found any Outdated templates then you Fix Outdated templates. for that you copy the new template from the plugin and customizations copy from the old template and override the new template in theme.
– Here is the path to check woocommerce template status: Go to: WooCommerce > Status > System Status.
– We propose using more suitable methods to make changes first. You should first always try to use a filter or action to change, and then use a template override as a last option if this method isn’t possible or not find any appropriate hooks.
– You’re also now responsible for making sure you keep this template up to date.
– Sometimes you have to update with time because all things will not work with the current environment.